7/12/06

There is a higher power watching over us. Things always happen for a reason.

There is a good reason why we love our pets - they always love us in return - unconditionally!

Try to improve yourself by going back to school. The best place to start is Piedmont Virginia Community College. Ask to speak to an admittance representative. http://www.pvcc.edu

Your income determines if you can get free grants and loans. This is a very good 2-year Junior College. Stress a program such as medical assistant or medical transcription. The best move I ever made was to study medical transcription. I can work at home, and there is a great need for anything to do with the medical field these days.

College is not like high school. Many students are there for the primary reason - to learn and then get a better job.

There is a higher power looking over us. You have to believe in something. Jesus tells us to pray for those who do us harm and to forgive our enemies. Try to find a church to attend and a pastor to speak to.

At 51 years of age, I have had many good and bad things happen to me. When the bad things happened, I thought it was the end of the world for me. Now, when I look back, I realize all the bad stuff happened for a good reason. I am at this place in my life.

I do not have the answer about how to get along with others. I love the cats. I do my job. I try not to talk about other people - no matter what. When you talk about people, they will talk about you when you are not there too.

Realize that Oprah Winfrey had to have had one of the worst childhoods ever, but look at her now. I had a very bad childhood too and have just now at age 51 forgiven my birth father.

I remember what one of my favorite priests said on his tape: "Have you learned anything from all of this? You are not a bad person. Try not to let it happen this way again. Now get on with your life."

All the local vet offices are looking for help. Cat Care Clinic is desperate for help. Call them if you can get through.

Get some exercise, go for a walk, eat healthier, go to the mall and walk if necessary. You will feel better.

There are very few Saints in this world. We all make mistakes. As Mother Teresa once said:


~*~ Mother Teresa's Prayer ~*~

People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered;...Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;...Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;...Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;...Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;...Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;...Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;...Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;...Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; It was never between you and them anyway.

~*~MOTHER TERESA~*~




http://www.ishaah.com/Prayer2.htm http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/transitionsdaily/pageteresa.html http://www.cyberindian.com/india/mtlinks.htm See also my original Blog, which goes back to a year ago: http://boodgy.spaces.msn.com

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Wow, I was in tears after reading your post! I am so sorry that anything bad ever happened to you but I do understand about being happy where you are now and feeling that if those things had never happened, you might not be where you are today. Thank you for the quote from Mother Teresa. You give some great advice yourself, thank you. I followed the link to your older blog all about the cats at Purrin' at Pantops SPCA. I don't know how I missed it before now but I'm glad I finally found it! And I will check out the other links soon. Thank you so very much for all your hard work for the cats. You are truly a compassionate and giving person.