1/2/10

Rest In Peace, Dear Stuart, Special Kitty Sadly Missed By All

This is Stuart # 37901
He was one of the cats who passed over the rainbow bridge during 2009. Like all cats Stuart was special, but he was actually extraordinary.My name is Stuart #37901, and I have a sad story to tell.

I was first taken to the emergency VETS in Charlottesville by a Good Samaritan and then brought to the CASPCA.

I guess this is what can happen to a male cat that is not neutered and left outside to fend for himself.

You see, I had a very bad injury on my left rear leg. The CASPCA tried and tried. They did everything they could to save my leg, but in the end my leg had to be amputated.

I am very grateful to the CASPCA for helping me.

Everyone says I am extremely handsome. When my fur grows back in, you won’t be able to tell I even had surgery.

Other than what happened to me in my short life so far, I am a wonderful kitty boy. I can do everything that a 4-legged cat can do.

Please adopt me, and we can be new best friends forever.

Please don’t let me go outside anymore. I need to be an indoor house kitty from now on.

Love,

Purrs n’ Meows,

Stuart =^..^=




Domestic Short Hair

Neutered Male

Orange & White Tiger

Adult (guessing about 2 years old)
He was in the scratching post and someone went in and found him gasping for breath and took him down to the clinic where he died. His leg that was removed was supposedly from cancer and they think his cancer must have spread. He was so sweet and it makes me cry to think of him. I was afraid to take him out of the cage at first because he looked so fragile, but after a while I would sit on the floor with him and he would lean against me and purr...He didn't get much of a life, but at least the short life he had, Stuart new L-O-V-E.
Rainbow Bridge


Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water, and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...
~ Author Unknown ~
http://www.sniksnak.com/angelkitties/rainbowbridge.html

No comments: